For Him (4)
For Her (4)
Small Pleasures (21)
Growing up on a farm in the Waterloo region of southwestern Ontario, Leena Kimsto now makes her home in Cambridge with her husband, 3 children and 2 cats.With a B.Sc. Honors Biology (fine arts electives) she worked in discovery research in the pharmaceutical industry for 7 years.
Surrounded by her grandmother’s sculptures and paintings through childhood, her creativity was sparked by a combination of her son’s entrepreneurialism and the discovery of boxes of unused cloth diapers; thus began the transfer of experimental and detail oriented skills to the realm of fiber sculpture.Emphasis is on seasonal fiber art…angels, santas, trees, wreaths, mobiles, witches, ghosts…all individually handmade.Environmentally conscious, she uses recyclable forms and renewable resources (shreds of fast growing North American aspen), natural fabrics and fibers in her work. By lightly misting her work with a horticultural industry gold dust spray, the pieces sparkle in the look of old fashioned sugaring.
Fromcoast to coast, Christmas stores as well as tourist/resort locations selling Canadian made art and souvenirs have showcased her collections.Her angels have graced the tops of trees at the One-of-a-Kind art shows in Toronto and Montréal, the Burlington Art Centre, Niagara Falls History Museum, and Black Creek Pioneer Village during the holiday season.The Cambridge Memorial Hospital’s Angels of Caring fundraising campaign has benefited from the sale of over 32,000 angels.She was honoured with the task of designing the Phyllis Gretzky memorial angel for Christmas 2006 for St. Joseph’s Lifecare foundation in Brantford ON.The Gretzky family encouraged the Phyllis Gretzky keepsake angel collection for 2007, over 7500 angels were sold.
Her goal is to have the caring and warmth that went into the making of her angels radiate throughout homes in Canada, North America and beyond…
19 years and counting…
Natural cotton muslin, shreds of Wisconsin-grown Aspen softwood or Manitoba hemp fibre (both fast-growing renewable resources), glue, hand-tied and hand-crafted embellishments.
- Paypal will be the method used to pay for goods on this site. Please be advised that a Paypal account is not required in order to make purchases - any credit card may be used through Paypal. As the payment will be processed through Paypal, this provides a secure option for making online purchases.
- Shipped from Cambridge, Ontario by Canada Post, including tracking and insurance (up to $100; more available at extra cost). We are still working out the logistics with shipping on this new site so please bear with us.
- Orders usually shipped from our studio within 7-10 business days. Large order shipping time may vary. Please take this into consideration when placing your order.
- Items will be packaged with tender loving care in plastic, supported with tissue, and boxed in new or recycled (when possible) boxes.
- Please be advised that, for orders outside of Canada, we are not responsible for any taxes, duties, or any other fees that may be imposed by your government. There are the responsibility of the buyer.
- If the order is a gift and you would like it shipped to an address other than the buyer's address, please inform us of this change by email upon completing your order - email@example.com.
-Christmas/holiday orders please be advised: Orders must be received by November 1, 2014 in order to guarantee delivery before Christmas. If you miss this deadline, please come visit us at the One of a Kind Show!
3. REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
- Please note that at this time we will gladly accept exchanges within 4 weeks of order date.
- Also, please note that the shipping costs to return the item and receive the exchange item are the responsibility of the buyer.
- Please keep in mind that the colours you see on your screen, may differ a bit from the original as your monitors may not be colour-calibrated.