For Her (23)
Dresses & Skirts (10)
Jackets & Coats (12)
Belts & Ties (1)
Organic Cotton (1)
Vespertine was launched in 2013 by Toronto designer Melanie Ferrara. The new label fills a growing gap in ladies fashion, providing women in their prime with figure-flattering designs in structured fabrics that give them a polished, pulled-together look- sustainably.
Ferrara’s philosophy is that good design is created mindfully within the context of the bigger picture: how our actions as women and as consumers impact our lives, the lives of others and the planet. In 2012, she was named as One of Canada’s top 15 Eco Designers in ECOHOLIC BODY, the new book by author and blogger Adria Vasil.
WHY WE'RE ONE OF A KIND
Vespertine is sustainable fashion, refined. We’re proud to:
• Produce all items in Toronto, Canada in limited run batches
• Use only eco-friendly fabrics, including organic cotton, tencel, hemp, soy, modal and bolt ends
• Choose FSC-certified and/or recycled paper products for printing & packaging
• Package orders in biodegradable protective clear bags made from plants, a plastic alternative
• Reduce waste and increase recycling during sample making, patternmaking and cutting
• Make products built to last through many seasons
• Advocate for sustainable practices in the fashion industry. Vespertine is a proud member of Fashion Takes Action, a not-for-profit organization that connects with both consumers and industry professionals to educate, inform and assist them in making sustainable choices
Organic cotton, tencel, modal, hemp, soy and bolt ends. Bolt ends are 'rescued fabrics' leftover fabrics from large-scale production that often go unused and wind up in landfills.
Vespertine ships domestically and internationally from our studio in downtown Toronto, Canada. Shipping costs are generally set at a flat rate of $2-$8. Items over $200 ship for free!
Please ensure the accuracy of your address before submitting an order. A notification will be sent via email upon shipment. Order processing times are 1-2 business days for in-stock items, and 1-3 weeks for made-to-order items.
Shipments within Canada are sent via Canada Post Expedited Service, with tracking and insurance included. Delivery takes 5-7 business days on average. Track your order here: www.canadapost.ca/track
Shipments to the USA are sent via Canada Post Trackable AirMail Service for orders over $200, with tracking and insurance included. Orders under $200 are sent via AirMail, which includes insurance but NOT tracking. Delivery takes 6-10 business days on average. Track your order here: www.canadapost.ca/track
International shipments are sent via Canada Post AirMail, which includes insurance but not tracking. Delivery times vary, and can take anywhere from 2-10 weeks depending on the location. Please send us an email if you’d like a shipping quote specific to your address.
All orders are sent with the necessary paperwork required for customs, and the full value of the order is declared in Canadian Dollars. If your order is shipping internationally, please note that customs clearance procedures could result in a delay in delivery.
If your order has not arrived within the estimated delivery window, please contact us at email@example.com
Each order is packaged beautifully and carefully to protect it from damage due to weather or rough handling.
Please note that any customs or duties charges which may apply are the responsibility of the buyer.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES:
Each item is made with the utmost care and is subject to much scrutiny and testing. However, in the event that the item you ordered isn’t quite what you expected, please get in touch via email to discuss it. An exchange or return may be in order as outlined below. Above all we want to provide the best customer experience possible. Read our policies carefully, follow the steps for either an exchange or a refund, and remember, you can always contact me with any additional order or product-related questions or issues. All emails are returned within 1-2 business days.
• Any exchange or return must be approved in advance by emailing me with the details within 15 days of receipt of your delivery.
• In-stock and made-to-order items in standard sizing and jewelry can be exchanged for any item or items of your choice. Any difference in cost will be invoiced or refunded accordingly. However, availability of specific items is subject to change and cannot be guaranteed.
• In-stock and made-to-order items in standard sizing and jewelry qualify for a return only in the event that they arrive in damaged or flawed condition.
• In case of a shipping error by Vespertine, both the purchase price and shipping cost will be refunded, and we will also reimburse the cost of return shipping upon receipt of the the item.
• Once your exchange or refund is approved, ensure that the item is packaged and sealed with the proper care and protection to the address provided. The cost of shipping on an exchange or return is the responsibility of the buyer, and the original shipping cost will not be refunded.
• Packages sent to Vespertine for exchange or return must be in 100% new condition (ie. not worn or washed). We recommend sending the package via a trackable service with insurance, as lost packages cannot be exchanged or refunded.
• Exchanges and returns are processed within 5 business days of receipt, and a status notification will be sent via email. Items for exchange will be processed according to their availability and stock status. Returns will be issued via your choice of original payment method or in the form of store credit. Store credits do not expire.
• Please note that custom orders are final sale, and do not qualify for exchange or return.